Friday, November 16, 2007

Backyard Safari

I took off work early to watch my kids (2 yr old girl and 4 year old boy) while my wife took care of other obligations. I decided to take time to clean my truck and let the kids play outside since outside is the best place for kids to be. It only took me about an hour or so to get the job done however that was plenty of time for my son to discover slugs hid under his miniature basketball goal (even though it is only 50 degrees today). They also discovered the scat of a large dog and being the trackers in training they are it took them no time to decide the origin of the animal that left it (my neighbors dog). I would like to take them to a state park or any forest or lake everyday but sadly I can't. This harsh truth of working for a living does not stop us from enjoying the outdoors on a cold November day even if we are in our back yard. Tomorrow We go to pick up a deer from the processor, can anyone say tenderloin. I'll Probably just get some squirrels out of the freezer tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment