- I keep guns with me at all times
- I eat what I kill and what other hunters kill.
- If I see it and it is in season I kill it, skin it, grill it. Even if I wasn't hunting it at the time.
- I have received a call and dropped what I was doing to drive down the street and shoot a Ground Hog. ( I had it cleaned quartered and vacuum sealed in less than an hour) See Ground Hog recipe here.
- I never have the time or money to go on far away hunting trips.
- I somehow fill my freezer every year just by taking advantage of every opportunity.
I am not ashamed that I am not a "sportsman" but a hunter. I'll shoot a doe instead of waiting on a rack buck. I kill, skin, quarter, and grind to eat, no letting a processor do my dirty work for me. I enjoy this ritual because it connects me to my ancestors , the land, the animals, and my innate need to be self sufficient. I am not competing against other men to see who the best hunter is, I am making a living off the land. Your pal the Envirocapitalist.