Thursday, February 07, 2008

Wonderlust

I sit here at my computer after a long day at work. My children are tucked into bed. My wife is at work (I work days, she works evenings). Sometimes I let it get me down. Sometimes I still manage thankfulness for all I have. Other times I just yearn for a campfire and the knowledge of what is over the next ridge. I feel at ease in woods. I feel confident and never lack for the correct course of action. I can better predict the actions of a wild animal Than that of my wife of eight years. I believe it to be ironic that the natural tallents I was born with are more suited to life one hundred years ago. Today, The skills needed to interact in a feminized society are much more difficult for me. The constant struggle to fit the times and just survive in a world full of people popping anti-depresents and believing the world revolves around them drains me. Funny how I would rather solve problems like food and shelter than how to navigate relationships with people who's actions impact my family.The one saving grace is that there is still ample wildland left for me to escape to and recharge.

1 comment:

  1. Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this site.
    It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance"
    between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say you have done a great job with this.
    In addition, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Internet explorer.
    Exceptional Blog!

    ReplyDelete