Thursday, February 28, 2008

All land is not equal

Today I evaluated the soil on a 12 acre tract of land for a nice man. I hated to tell him it was no good for septic systems. I want people to be able to develop their land but it still amazes me that people decide to use their land in a certain way even though it is not suited for it. I wish people could see past setting rental trailors up and look for other ways of utilizing their land. I love to see local farmers having pumpkin patches and corn mazes to increase income without breaking the farm into a subdivision. Farms are great wildlife habitat. All land lends itself to a certain use, don't try to force what you want on to land that is not suited for it. Find land elsewhere and let someone else buy the land that intends to utilize it in the best way.

No comments:

Post a Comment