Sunday, October 16, 2011

More to explore than you think.

AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE.

One thing that continues to perplex me is the belief of the city dwellers that our wilderness is almost gone.  I will be the first to admit that I wished there was more wilderness and less suburban sprawl,  but I am not delusional enough to think that the outdoor opportunities in America are few. If I quit my Job and spent the next year just exploring I probably couldn't make a dent in all the wild places in the East much less the western part of the country.  I love Big South Fork (See other stories on BSF here, here, or here) I intend to hunt it next weekend with a good friend Wild Bill Picket.  We have not been able to cover all the ground available to us even though we make a yearly trip there.  I can't wait to get there, it has the feeling of a true wilderness. I hope everyone can find wild land to explore nearby and take advantage of it. Your pal The Envirocapitalist.

1 comment:

  1. They think it's almost gone because the power-grabbers who control the propaganda machines WANT them to think it's almost gone!

    ReplyDelete