Monday, February 15, 2010

Debord Falls

It was a nice drive up through Wartburg, passing through classic East Tennessee scenery some good (mountains), Some bad (Trailers and junk cars). I thought it fitting to go to Frozen Head State Park since we would get to see the new prison which is replacing the famous and historic Brushy Mountain Prison due to its recent closure. I wanted this trip to be a fun little excursion for the family but also serve as a information gathering mission for a possible Cub Scout camp out in the future. The park is Known for its hiking (the Cumberland Trail passes through) and has an easy trail perfect for the family that goes to a water fall (Debord Falls).




After a short and gradually up hill hike we came to a exciting  staircase which led us to the base of a water fall. The boy led the way and directed us on the safest path. It gave the trail a destination feeling.




 We had a blast, wife,kids, and dad. The wife sunned herself on a nearby rock and took pictures of me, the boy, and the girl having fun. Your Pal the Envirocapitalist.



© 2009 The Envirocapitalist

5 comments:

  1. Nice pics, Gabe! The woodland path shot reminds me of places around here. Of course, they're covered in snow and ice right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! sure is pretty there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tovar, this trip was took in the fall. I just hadn't posted it yet. I would say there is 6 inches of snow on this trail right now. it is in the Cumberland Mountains.

    It was fun Owl. Even though lots of people were in the park that day. it is so big that we had several moments to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I figured it couldn't have been too recent. You're south of us, but you aren't in the tropics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that place looks pretty cool. It reminds me of some of the trails and places we can visit in the northern part of our state.

    I'm ready for the snow to be gone around here, I can tell you that. But in the meantime I'm making the best of it.

    After seeing these pictures, though, I am even more ready for Spring. I guess I only have a few months to wait.

    ReplyDelete