Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Big Pappaws Pond

My father relocated a few years ago to a new home. The best thing about his new place is a small pond next door. This pond is easy to walk around and full of stunted overpopulated bluegill. This is an ideal place for my 6 year old son to hone his casting skills before moving to more treacherous waters. Nothing fills my heart with more happiness than my son saying "Can we go to Big Papaw's and fish!" instead of wanting to play video games or watching mindless T.V. After watching my son catch a few small fish I realized it wasn't just fishing that made all of this seem so enjoyable. It was the fact we were outside in the real world doing real things that are cool to any 6 year old boy and even cooler to an outdoor loving daddy. My son and I didn't watch an adventure unfold on the T.V. screen, we went out and had one. I encourage all to do the same.
Your pal the Envirocapitalist....and Son.

1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing last weekend and plan to do the same this weekend.
    Tell him congratulations on that bluegill in his hand.

    ReplyDelete